MINISTRY PARTNER INFORMATION
We will be partnering with the organization His Sickles, which is led by Uche Izuora—a Nigerian missionary who has been working in and among the South Sudanese for over 11 years. Because of the great unrest in the South Sudan, two million South Sudanese refugees have poured into Northern Uganda, the location of our trip. Arua, a small city in Uganda on the Congo border, is our destination. From this location, we will do ministry among pastors, refugees, and pray for many who are severely traumatized from loss and horrific events. We will befriend children, love on the poverty stricken and give assistance to those in need.
UGANDA TEAM INFORMATION
DATES: June 8-19, 2019
TRIP FOCUS: Evangelism, prayer, equipping local churches, story-telling, listening to people
TRIP DIFFICULTY: Maturity needed to process human depravity, poverty, and discernment
TRIP COST: $2,800 - $3,000
All trip costs are approximate and subject to change due to variances in airfare, gas prices, the number of team members, etc. The Global Outreach Department works diligently to keep costs as low as possible.
The final cost will include everything you need for your trip: roundtrip airfare, transportation, in-country lodging & meals, insurance, visa fees and ministry projects. Your $300 deposit will be applied toward the total trip cost.
Steps to apply for an Islamic Outreach (IO) Team:
- Is God calling you?
- Where is He calling you to go?
- What type of ministry is He calling you to do?
2. Fill out all necessary forms
If you are unsure which Application Packet to complete, please contact us BEFORE filling one out!
3. Make sure you have a valid passport (see below)
4. Turn in your deposit to secure your spot (pending acceptance to a team)
- Deposit for all teams = $300
- Deposit must come from the individual applying for the team
- If you are unable to participate for any reason, your deposit will be refunded to you or held for you to use towards a future team
- If any funds were paid towards trip costs (flights, lodging, etc.) you will receive back any funds that have not been spent.
- For God’s will. Ask how God wants to use you to serve globally this year.
- For spiritual preparation. Pray for God to prepare you and your team’s hearts.
- For financial provision for you and your team.
Sample Support Letter: Click here
A passport is required for all Islamic Outreach trips. If you currently have a passport, please check the expiration date. Passports must not expire within 6 months of the team’s return date. To renew or apply for a passport, please visit the US State Department’s website for the most current information: travel.state.gov/passport.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact us at email@example.com or at 909.463.0103 x4114.
Thank you for your interest in serving with Islamic Outreach!