Lebanon 1 Team
Dates: October 25 - November 8, 2018
Trip Focus: Refugees, serving and ministering to children, ESL, friendship evangelism, distribution of assistance to those in need
Trip Difficulty: Moderate
Trip Cost Range: $2,800 – $3,200
Ministry Partner Information:
Water of Life teams partner with Youth for Christ (YFC) and Global Hope Strategies (GHS) in Lebanon. Serving with YFC team members, WOLCC will be assisting YFC staff and volunteers through their work with schools, refugees from Iraq and Syria, and Youth Center Ministries. The team will give direct Gospel messages in school assemblies, outreach clubs, and campus ministries. WOLCC will also serve in the Bekaa Valley with GHS around the needs of Syrian Refugees through on-going sports ministry among young men, arts/crafts along with English lessons for the young ladies, and camps for English learning and possible overnights with older teens so they can play games, and get some time away from the dreary camp settings they live in.
Steps to apply for a MERIT Team:
- Is God calling you?
- Where is He calling you to go?
- What type of ministry is He calling you to do?
2. Fill out all necessary forms
If you are unsure about which Application Packet to complete, please contact us BEFORE downloading one!
3. Make sure you have a valid passport (see below)
4. Turn in your deposit to secure your spot (pending acceptance to a team)
- Deposit for all teams = $300
- Deposit must come from the individual applying for the team
- If you are unable to participate for any reason, your deposit will be refunded to you or held for you to use towards a future team in the same calendar year.
- If any funds were paid towards trip costs (flights, lodging, etc.) you will receive back any funds that have not been spent.
- For God’s will. Ask how God wants to use you to serve globally this year.
- For spiritual preparation. Pray for God to prepare you and your team’s hearts.
- For financial provision for you and your team.
Sample Support Letter: Click here
For all MERIT teams, a passport is required. If you currently have a passport, please check the expiration date. Passports must not expire within 6 months of the team’s return date. To renew or apply for a passport, please visit the US State Department’s website for the most current information: travel.state.gov/passport.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact us at Normb@wateroflifecc.org or by calling us at 909.463.0103 x4114.