CityLink Christmas Toy Store
December 18, 2018 to December 19, 2018
- December 18, 2018:
- December 19, 2018:
Location: 16779 Spring St , Fontana, CA 92335Category: CityLink Local Outreach Serving Opportunity
Each year, CityLink provides toys for families in the community. This December, CityLink is hosting their annual Christmas Toy Store. At the store, parents can come and shop for new toys for their children free of charge. How can you help support this outreach?
Serve at the Christmas Toy Store
Decorating of the Christmas Toy Store will take place on Monday, December 10th, Tuesday, December 11th, and Thursday, December 13th from 10:00a - 3:00p. Stocking of the Christmas Toy Store will be on Sunday, December 16th from 3:00p - 6:00p. Decorators and stockers are needed for these days.
The Christmas Toy Store will be open to the public from Monday, December 17th through Wednesday, December 19th. On Monday, the store will be open from 10:00a-2:00p. On Tuesday and Wednesday, it will be open from 1:00p-6:00p.
We will need:
- Store manager(s): To oversee daily operation and set up of the toy store (will re-stock toys and other supplies).
- Hospitality Volunteers: To serve water, coffee and hot tea to our guests while they wait in line for their appointments. 2-3 people needed per day.
- Greeters: To direct guests from the hospitality kiosk to the toy store. 2-3 people needed per day.
- Check-In Volunteers: To verify guest appointment cards against registration list. 3-4 people needed per day.
- Hosts/Hostesses: Each guest will have a host/hostess to assist him/her in selecting an age-appropriate toy for each child. These volunteers will guide guests through the store and lead them to the wrapping room. They will also get the opportunity to minister to and pray for the guests.
- Wrappers/Stockers: To wrap and stock gifts.
- Gate and Line Control Volunteers: To ensure that guests move smoothly through the lines and arrive at the toy store as quickly as possible.
Those who wish to serve at the Magic of Lights event are also encouraged to sign up. This event ultimately benefits Water of Life/CityLink's effort to collect toys for our Annual Toy Store. For more information about the Magic of Lights, click here.
For more information, contact Anna Ulibarri at 909.803.1059 x2227.