Christmas Food Basket Pack & Praise
December 16, 2018
3:00pm – 6:00pmCategory: CityLink Local Outreach Serving Opportunity
This is where the action happens! At Pack & Praise, you will be packing turkeys and various trimmings into Christmas Food Baskets which will be given to families in the community. At the top of each hour, we will stop to PRAISE and WORSHIP in celebration of His blessings to us so that we, in turn, can bless others.
Set Up/Tear Down Crew – You will be the muscle behind the scenes for Pack and Praise as well as on Distribution Day.
Christmas Food Basket Distribution Day (Monday, December 17th from 4:30p - 8:00p) at CityLink - By partnering with CityLink, you will be able to bless families in the community by providing their Christmas meals, praying with them and more. What a celebration! On Distribution Day, we will need:
- Greeters – To verify guest appointment cards against registration list. 10-12 people needed.
- Hospitality – We will have a hospitality kiosk with water, coffee and hot tea. We need individuals who will set-up the kiosk, make the coffee/tea and runners who can take the drinks to guests standing in line.
- Hosts/Hostesses – Each guest will have a host/hostess who will take him/her through the line to receive a Christmas Food Basket. Volunteers will be able to minister to our guests, pray for them and assist them to their cars with their baskets.
- Food Line – Volunteers will help stage the food baskets for distribution and hand baskets/turkeys to guests.
- Security/Line Control – We are planning for 800-1000 guests on Distribution Day. We will need 10–12 individuals to assist our guests as they stand in line.
- Worship/Music Ministry – Share your God-given talent with our servant leaders at Pack and Praise or with our guests on Distribution Day. We want His music to fill the air with joy and praise at CityLink!