Thanksgiving Pack & Praise
November 18, 2018
3:00pm – 6:00pmCategory: CityLink Local Outreach Adults Kids & Youth Serving Opportunity Special Events
Location: CityLink Food Warehouse
16815 Spring St., Fontana, CA 92335
Pack and Praise
(Sunday, November 18th from 3:00p - 6:00p)
This is where the action happens! At Pack and Praise, you will pack turkeys and all their trimmings into Thanksgiving Food Baskets which will be served to those in our local community. At the top of each hour, we will stop to PRAISE and WORSHIP in celebration of His blessings to us so that we, in turn, can bless others.
Additional Serving Areas:
Set Up/Tear Down Crew – You will be the muscle behind the scenes for Pack and Praise as well as on Distribution Day.
Thanksgiving Food Basket Distribution Day
(Monday, November 19th from 4:30p - 8:00p)
What a celebration! Get ready to be a blessing as we distribute Thanksgiving Food Baskets to our local community. We will need:
- Greeters – To verify guest appointment cards against registration list. 10-12 people needed.
- Hospitality – We will have a hospitality kiosk with water, coffee and hot tea. We need individuals who will set-up the kiosk, make the coffee/tea and runners who will take the drinks to guests standing in line.
- Hosts/Hostesses – Each guest will have a host/hostess who will take him/her through the line to receive a Thanksgiving Food Basket. Volunteers will be able to minister to our guests, pray for them and assist them to their cars with their baskets.
- Food Line – Volunteers will help stage the food baskets for distribution and hand baskets/turkeys to guests.
- Security/Line Control – We are planning for 800-1000 guests on Distribution Day. We will need 10–12 individuals to assist our guests as they stand in line.
- Worship/Music Ministry – Share your God-given talent with our servant leaders at Pack and Praise or with our guests on Distribution Day. We want His music to fill the air with joy and praise at CityLink!