MINISTRY PARTNER INFORMATION
Our ministry partner in Egypt is Initiative Ministry. Their goal is to establish new believers who are coming out of the majority religion in this nation. They help establish new small house churches, train believers in their gifts and equip men and women into ministry among their neighbors and friends. They work with those persecuted by the majority population of Egypt and help disciple the Muslim Background Believers.
This will be the first trip to Egypt for Water of Life. Norm Brinkley will be the leader. There will be a lot of team meetings as we prepare for this trip. In order to be culturally sensitive and well prepared for meeting with Muslims, we will be dealing with and discussing worldview issues in order to evangelize effectively.
DATES: April 25 - May 6, 2019
TRIP FOCUS: Evangelism, church planting alongside local leaders, story-telling, and house to house visits.
TRIP DIFFICULTY: A hot and dry climate, with harsh sun. Extreme poverty and a lot of walking. Not for the faint of heart.
TRIP COST: $2,700 - $3,000
All trip costs are approximate and subject to change due to variances in airfare, gas prices, the number of team members, etc. The Global Outreach Department works diligently to keep costs as low as possible.
The final cost will include everything you need for your trip: roundtrip airfare, transportation, in-country lodging & meals, insurance, visa fees and ministry projects. Your $300 deposit will be applied toward the total trip cost.
Steps to apply for an Islamic Outreach (IO) Team:
- Is God calling you?
- Where is He calling you to go?
- What type of ministry is He calling you to do?
2. Fill out all necessary forms
If you are unsure which Application Packet to complete, please contact us BEFORE filling one out!
3. Make sure you have a valid passport (see below)
4. Turn in your deposit to secure your spot (pending acceptance to a team)
- Deposit for all teams = $300
- Deposit must come from the individual applying for the team
- If you are unable to participate for any reason, your deposit will be refunded to you or held for you to use towards a future team
- If any funds were paid towards trip costs (flights, lodging, etc.) you will receive back any funds that have not been spent.
- For God’s will. Ask how God wants to use you to serve globally this year.
- For spiritual preparation. Pray for God to prepare you and your team’s hearts.
- For financial provision for you and your team.
Sample Support Letter: Click here
A passport is required for all Islamic Outreach trips. If you currently have a passport, please check the expiration date. Passports must not expire within 6 months of the team’s return date. To renew or apply for a passport, please visit the US State Department’s website for the most current information: travel.state.gov/passport.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact us at email@example.com or at 909.463.0103 x4114.