Lebanon 1 Team
Dates: June 28 to July 16, 2017
Trip Focus: Our ministry will be among refugees from Iraq and Syria. Most of which are young children, women and some men. We will have translators to work with enabling our ministry success. There will be a medical part of our team being sent, plus a visitation team to tents, shacks and meager homes established by the over 1.2 million refugees all over Beirut and the Bekaa Valley. Also, there will be children activities being done with those who are waiting to be seen by the doctors as well as distribution of some food supplies.
Trip Difficulty: Moderate to Difficult (long hours, and exposure to extreme poverty)
Trip Cost Range: $3000 to $3300
Ministry Partner Information:
We will be joining hands with three other churches to do a lot of these outreaches to various parts of the refugee community. We are joining hands with local non-profit organizations that are keenly aware of the needs of the refugees in Lebanon. Heart for Lebanon is our major partner on the ground, and we will be networking in a wide-angle partnership under the “Near East Initiative” that is made up of Lebanese, Syrian, Jordanian and Iraqi believers and organizations from other parts of the world. We are collaborating hard with the World-Wide Body of Christ in this ministry. Translators will be assigned to every two or three of our teams to enable ministry among those that do speak English.
Steps to apply for a MERIT Team:
- Is God calling you?
- Where is He calling you to go?
- What type of ministry is He calling you to do?
2. Fill out all necessary forms
If you are unsure about which Application Packet to complete, please contact us BEFORE downloading one!
3. Make sure you have a valid passport (see below)
4. Turn in your deposit to secure your spot (pending acceptance to a team)
- Deposit for all teams = $300
- Deposit must come from the individual applying for the team
- If you are unable to participate for any reason, your deposit will be refunded to you or held for you to use towards a future team in the same calendar year.
- If any funds were paid towards trip costs (flights, lodging, etc.) you will receive back any funds that have not been spent.
- For God’s will. Ask how God wants to use you to serve globally this year.
- For spiritual preparation. Pray for God to prepare you and your team’s hearts.
- For financial provision for you and your team.
For all MERIT teams (excluding Dearborn, Michigan) a passport is required. If you currently have a passport, please check the expiration date. Passports must not expire within 6 months of the team’s return date. To renew or apply for a passport, please visit the US State Department’s website for the most current information: travel.state.gov/passport.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact us at MERIT@wateroflifecc.org or by calling us at 909.463.0103 x4114.
Thank you for your interest in serving in Lebanon!!