|Door of Faith Orphanage
La Mision, Baja California, Mexico
Ministry Partner Information:
For over 50 years, Door of Faith has been serving the children of Baja. They work together with groups from across North America to provide a solid home for the children entrusted to them, to bless their community, and to serve other ministries in the area. Today it is home to over 100 children.
They believe we are ALL called to serve; as we seek to serve others, we are walking in the example of Christ. Serving brings joy to their lives and it changes us for the better.
Their team is here to serve both the children of Door of Faith AND the many groups seeking to serve in Baja.
For more information, please visit https://dofo.org.
- To provide the best home possible to the children entrusted to them.
- To serve the people of their community, other ministries, and orphanages.
- To provide a base where people seeking to minister and serve in Baja can come for housing, training, and support.
Their Family Priorities:
- Family: To provide a family atmosphere for the children. They see the traditional family as the ideal model and want their children to experience all of the stability, love, and guidance that comes from that.
- Education: To prepare children for life after Door of Faith. They want children to have a strong education so when they move on from the orphanage they can be healthy and productive members of society.
- Community Service: To live Christ’s example of a life of service. They strive to love their neighbor as themselves, teaching children to give back through both word and action. By allowing and encouraging children to serve others, both on site and in their community, it brings restoration.Children are taught that they are NOT what’s been done to them; they are made in the image of God, designed for good works, and have a purpose in this life. Service to others brings healing.
DATES: December 15 - 17
LOCATION: La Mision, Baja California, Mexico (between Rosarito & Ensenada, about 2 miles from the beach)
TRIP FOCUS: May consist of evangelism, community outreaches, children’s ministry and/or work projects
TRIP DIFFICULTY: Family Friendly
TRIP COST RANGE: TBD